Sunday, February 28, 2010

Finally found another wh

I haven't been doing much in game for the last couple of weeks. My wife had a baby so that's been taking up most of my time. Things are starting to settle down now, though, so a couple of days ago I started the search for another wormhole. I found a very nice empty C3 with a few anomalies, 5 belts, 3 vast ladar sites and a bountiful lader site pretty quickly. The downside was that it had 2 high sec exits, a low sec exit, a null sec exit and a C6 exit. I decided to suck up a few of the gas clouds at the very least since they were worth about 40 mil per site with very little work involved. So I parked my miner and started harvesting. Unfortunately, by the time I made it back with my hauler the high sec exit was gone. Of course, that was the only exit that I had bookmarked with my miner....and he was stuck inside with no probes. So I hopped in my cov ops and headed for the other systems that the hole exited to. All of the exits had popped. Annoyed but unwilling to give up I spent a good portion of the next day asking for help in local and scanning with the hopes of picking up such and such's heron on my directional. All day long not one person poked their head into that damn wormhole. Meanwhile I was still looking for another hole worth moving into on Grag.

To make a long story short I found another viable C2. It had a ton of anomalies, a few radar/mag sites and some belts. We set up our POS and settled in. I had to self destruct my miner to get him out of that C3. Oh well....that set of +4s served me well for a couple of months at least. Setup was uneventful. By then it was pretty late so I scanned down the system and logged excited about all of the juicy anomalies that I'd get to start clearing in the morning.

So this morning I logged on and rescanned the system. The high sec exit was gone but nothing else had changed. Image and video hosting by TinyPic

So I hopped into my first anomaly and started pew pewing. Before I could even clear the first wave a drake and a tengu popped up on my scanner. Shit. I beat feet back to the pos, switched to my buzzard and started watching. Sure enough, they were already at the anomaly that I'd been clearing. They made short work of it and moved on to the next one. Then a myrm joined them. Of course, they were all members of a big pirate corp. With nothing that I could do about it I just logged. I fully expect to log in to an empty wormhole by this afternoon. I wouldn't be surprised to see them taking down our POS while they're at it. Hopefully they'll leave quickly. A lucky break would be nice every once in a while. Ever since I brought the baby home I just keep getting bent over and beaten up every time I try to do something in Eve. Maybe someone's trying to tell me something.

No comments:

Post a Comment